3.03.2011

CocoKouture--i'm published!

my posting has become rather infrequent, but don't worry!! it's not due to a lack of writing (and designing, and drawing, and sewing, and fashion-history studying....)
the more classes i attend and garments i sew, the more i am considering fashion journalism as my future niche.  i was recently hired for my first internship--a writing position for budding online magazine CocoKouture.
though the audience is broad and the writing has to be as applicable to 13 yr olds as 25 yr olds, i am enjoying the contribution.
my first assignment was to conjure up questions for a quiz entitled "Do You Know When A Guy Likes You".  not exactly my choice of subject matter (or expertise!), but a quirky little exercise.  this past week, however, was the big leagues! i had a whole story to my own. and yes, this is CERTAINLY an invitation for you're review.  here she is: 
10 Spring Runway-Inspired Looks Just for You!


but this is a story that baaaaaaarely made it to publication.  feeling overly confident in my quick-writing skills, i failed to take note that this was a dominantly visual piece and i would have MUCH research to conduct.  i allowed myself only 36 hrs to start and complete this article and spent 40% of that time finding looks i wanted to duplicate, 55% of my time online shopping, and a meager 5% of my time photoshop-collaging and writing.  i took my laptop with me everywhere, multitasking at school, home, dinner, an art show, a music gig, even the subway.  but my presumed confidence in completion failed me, and i submitted at 12pm on saturday, when it was due at 12am on friday.


luckily i have the most chill and sweet boss in the world and she edited and published anyway!! 
also, i don't want all that online shopping i did to be in vain!! go get inspired to spend that leftover christmas cash for some spring break outfits!


and to support my fellow writing teammates and new employer, i procrastinated by taking this quiz and who is surprised by my result?  i'm sure almost no one.  the description is basically my biography--if you replace PETA with ASPCA (i do NOT support propaganda).

*also, pardon a couple of typos in my article.  Vena Cava (not cave) and fair game (not fame)
**image source: DUH! my quiz results on cocokouture.com.

No comments: