11.09.2010

fashion illustrator loves

ooooooh fashion.  the runways are fun.  the school is intense.  the dresses are phenomenal.  but it's the illustrations that really enticed me.  four years ago, i received a book for Christmas called Fashion Illustrator, and this is the book that paved the first step in my career path.  I have probably looked through it, read it, and copied images from it three hundred times.  I noticed that my projects for art school (studio art major) were featuring fashion figures, dresses, and had a sort of feminine delicacy that made them very fashion-y.  maybe one day i'll post some of my earlier work.  but today, i wanted to enchant you with some killer illustrations i found on fashionary.org.  








all of these images were on fashionary's blog, a post about '30 fashion illustrators you can't live without'.  i plan to do some research on my own to find some more fantabulous mark-makers that are maybe less known.  click on the illustrator's names to see more of their work. :)  (and trust me, it's worth more than a quick peek)

ok that was a nice break.  sometimes i need to stop and look at pretty things before i can continue sewing generic garments that are far less than perfect. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out Sandra Suy... she's on Dripbook... and Etsy!

fashionelle said...

omg sooooo beautiful!! thanks for the tip!