12.14.2010

dressed in the dark

FINALS WEEEEEEEEEEK!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH!!
i'm feeling a lot like the screaming child with pants on her head in my mood board.

the mood board (a little lacking in the upper left corner) for my final collection.
(my design teacher still has all my sketches. boo.)
this shows my color palette, inspiration pieces, and the whimsy of my pieces.

final draping + sewing.
fake brand: ell.
collection title: dressed in the dark
concept: mismatched, topsy-turvy, adult "play clothes"
piece title: over-underalls
detail shots to come? maybe?

self-promo piece.
the top row is the front, bottom row is the back.  i printed this out, cut and glued the back to the front, and folded it like a three-panel brochure, but each panel is only 4"x 4".
in theory, this would be left with an interviewer so they remember me. :)


these are my potential business cards.  the four fit together like a puzzle, so the pale grey lines show where they would be sliced.
front is an illustration i made for my ideal customer (eco-friendly, casual, feminine, traveler, etc.)
back is my writing sample on theories of buying.
draping assignment: create a garment that when not on a form is completely flat (this basically means there can't be any shaping seams, like darts, or princess, or sleeves, etc...)
mine is a japanese-inspired bubble or flare top.  it has a detachable waistband that it connects with to form the optional bubble hem.  
everything on this is held together with tiny strips of velcro and really heavy steam-ironing. 


i know this is a dull post, but hopefully the images make up for it!! at least you know where i've been for the last 6 weeks.... on to more final projects!!

No comments: