3.18.2011

welcome back, spring! {and childhood}

the snow in NY has finally melted and my spring fever is more severe than EVER! i can't get away from pinks/girly pastels in my work...which is totally out of character.  but i get to go crazy with the ruffles and flowy details i've always adored as they won't be hidden by freaking down jackets!

for my technical drawing midterm, we had to design a (basic) line.  totally free range, but the flats had to be PERFECT.  mine are not, but hopefully you won't notice the mistakes for which my prof undoubtedly docked my grade.  my inspiration was a little girl's tea party: pastels, whimsy, clean, and feminine.  it's a spring collection, so the materials are very light cottons.  only the leggings and dolman tee are knits.  unfortunately, the color reps are supposed to be on the presentation board, and the black+white's are supposed to be on the spec sheets (aka "design cards").  

hope you enjoy my simpler/more sophisticated side....enough to buy it one day.  [click to enlarge]
**note: i'm not the biggest fan of the long peg skirt, but it was 3am and i needed one more garment for this project.  








....and now to start patterning/sewing one of these babies....

2 comments:

Lily said...

I want the tea party: ruffled. Now

fashionelle said...

i'll just whip one up for ya, like a hot cup o' tea!